Re: LF: Re: 500kHz 29th/30th

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 500kHz 29th/30th
From: Hartmut Wolff <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 18:02:35 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi David,

> BTW.  A few days ago you reported my beacon as  503.69.    You were right.
> When I went to check the DDS I found  that it was indeed 10Hz low. - Now
> corrected.   Sorry.

In the past weeks, I had some trouble with the 24bit soundcards in use
with my 500kHz DCrx with IQ output. First the audigy2ZS PCI card
crashed nearly every night. When I changed the soundcard to a 24bit
PCIe card on sunday morning I was not aware of the poor quality of
this card: For getting the 22050Hz sample rate in spectrum lab I have
to set the sample rate calibration to 22200Hz. This was the reason for
my inaccurate frequency readings on sunday/monday night.

> If I have some time Friday night - Saturday morning I will change the
> transmitter and try 100mW (+13dB) so I can monitor the difference on GM4SLVs
> grabber.  I will not be able to run the linear mode PSK31 during that time
> as the
> higher power TX is class D

I will listen for your signals, it may be interesting to see the
difference in signal strength.

73
Hartmut