RE: LF: Re: Sticky Meter Pointer Not!

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Re: Sticky Meter Pointer Not!
From: Laurence KL1X <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 16:15:57 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Steve - this has helped me too - I remember shortly before I put the QRO 137Khz loop tuner into storage @ Dallas (where it sits today) that my 0-50A loop current meter was just starting to stick - when and if I get it out of storage Ill know where to attack the problem.

Thanks
Laurence

> Well it seems that my 'closer look' (this time with headband magnifier plus
> a magnifying glass) paid off. I was able to locate a miniscule fragment of
> something between the moving coil and the magnet which I was able to remove.
> I am happy to report that my 60 year old 50ua meter is now working like new.
> Thanks to all who gave me their advice. Hopefully I can return the favor at
> some point.
>
> 73 / Steve / VE7SL

Recharge--play some free games. Win cool prizes too! Play It!