Re: LF: 500 Beacons

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 500 Beacons
From: John GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:48:23 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 03:40:22 EDT
[email protected] wrote:

> [email protected] writes:
>
> Band full of beacons this morning: GW4HXO 589;  GW3UEP 579; GI4DPE
> 559.
> Tom G3OLB
>

> Not a sausage here in the Far East Tom although I thought I heard
> somebody sending three dots in between static crashes!

Hearing Finbar really well on 503.350 this morning. He's raised the
height of his antenna - he tells me:-

"I got cracking on the antenna raising effort after lunch and now have
a Spiderbeam whip at the top of my  60 ft tilt over tower,  the speaker
wire does pull over the whip a bit , but the overall  height must be
about  80 feet, with the outer end of the inverted L  almost coming
down to ground level."

It's a nice strong signal up here in Shetland, in daylight.

My grabber is running continuously at the moment - pic at :

http://www.sighthound.demon.co.uk/pshed/gm4slv_speclab.jpg

I'll leave it going (5 minute updates) all day today.

Lots of static crashes though!

Nothing seen/heard of the other beacons.

Finbar is only 673km away - so that's almos a local for me!

Cheers,

John GM4SLV
Shetland
IP90gg