LF: Re: 500 - BAND PLAN

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: 500 - BAND PLAN
From: "Gary - G4WGT" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:06:26 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Chris & All,

I am in favour of the band plan, it looks fine to me. I have always tried to operate my beacon transmissions well away from QSO's (503.600 KHz).

I do believe that there is a case for beacons as proven in Jim's (M0BMU) early morning e-mail & capture today showing a long period fading report for 2 beacons.

Perhaps the answer to banning beacons at a certain time period would be to ask beacon operators to use a much lower power level at these periods, say down to Chris's recommended qrp level of <10 mW ERP. I recently ran my beacon for a long period at 1 mW ERP & received reports from Europe.

As the band plan is for discussion at the moment changes can be made if required, but it looks like Chris has accommodated for the rock bound users as well.

Thanks to Chris for the idea & well spent time compiling the plan for discussion.

73

Gary - G4WGT - IO83qp

----- Original Message ----- From: "CHRISTOPHER OSBORN" <[email protected]>