LF: 137 Looking...

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 137 Looking...
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:29:08 -0800
Bcc:
Sender: [email protected]
Woke up and just got this as Im preparing for work Laurie (groan) - thanks for the signal - if you can manage again tomorrow night Ill leave the rx on your freq and take a longer run at it.

At 1 hour before my sun rise DCF39 is at S7 to 8 and Budapest is about the same. Ankara is off, nope its just back on again...QRN is pretty high this morning - Ill leave the rx running

Im also getting very faint "somethings" on 505.150....but I cant exactly guarantee cal within a Hz on this freq at the moment (oh I miss my test equipment)

The Eu window is slowly getting better as is central/east Americas as the seasons change.

If the signals are as strong and the s/n as good as Ive seen this bodes well for the upcoming northern autumn and winter. Im only here for a year unfortunately and then by the looks of it returning to a new Location up the road a bit in Northern China...

Sorry about your rain UK

Laurence 9V1 LF
grabbers on http://kl1x.com
2 x R75 + SDR-IQ plus eprobe at around 70ft (must dangle a string and see how high it really is above ground....)

17:22:56 +0100

Having burnt the bugs out of the 137kHz loading coil this afternoon
I will run a beacon signal this evening, QRSS60 on 137.699kHz
from about 20:00 utc until I need to go to bed ! Ant. current 5.8A
so not too bad, 0.9-1.0 W erp.

All reports welcome.

73 Laurie G3AQC

http://liveearth.msn.com