Re: LF: GM4SLV QSO

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: GM4SLV QSO
From: John GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 12:55:12 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:13:53 -0000
"hamilton mal" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Tnx John for my first QSO with GM and especially the Shetlands.
> Your signal in qrsd 3 was solid O copy and on cw peaking 549 but the
> qsb was vy rapid taking deep dives. The sea path between us is a big
> help. Your signal was going up and down with the waves !!!
> 73 agn tnx cul
> de Mal/G3KEV/IO94SH/Scarborough

Thanks also Mal.

This was (as far as I know) the first G - GM amateur QSO on 500kHz.

Your CW was a good, and solid, RST 569.

Some of my QRSS-3 was sent by hand!! It was easier than fiddling with
the computer!

My locator calculating engine reports IP90gg - IO94sh = 656km

Not bad for a first go in daylight.

Equipment details:

RX : AR7030
TX : homebrew, modelled on design by M0BMU. PA with 19 volts giving 25w
output.
Antenna : Inverted L - vertical = 7m, horizontal = 12m fed against a
dozen short radials

Antenna current approx 0.7A (need to calibrate RF ammeter)

Thanks, and hopefully darkness will bring better results.

Best 73 de GM4SLV

--
G-GRP-Club 2377, QRP-ARCI 12384, SKCC 3214
Member : RSGB, ARRL