Re: LF: Re: Recording of Beacon reception in Shetland

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Recording of Beacon reception in Shetland
From: John GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:17:39 +0100 (BST)
Sender: [email protected]
On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Gw3UEP wrote:

> Excellent recording John - quiet background & bw sounds fairly wide?
> Sig sounds like side-tone with low-level static mixed-in!
> Yes, l/fwd to qso.
> Mni tks,
>
> Rog.

Yes Rog - recorded from headphone socket of AR7030 with fairly wide
1.3kHz IF filter. I haven't a narrow IF filter in that RX, but an
outboard 2 stage 100Hz active filter has been built recently. Didn't
need to use it last night on your signals as you can tell.

I have screen grabs stored for each 5 minutes for the last several days
that I'm going to analyze to to see how the path between us (and any of
the other continuous beacons that I see) varies. You are always a nice
signal at night but disappear quickly as daybreak approaches, with
nothing visible during the day.

I don't want to wish the summer away, but after the equinox 500kHz will
get a lot more user friendly!

Cheers,

John