Re: LF: Mike's "ADSL problem"

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Mike's "ADSL problem"
From: "Tom Boucher" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 07:13:12 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Dave

I have had ADSL filters and modems fail. Even a passive device will fail given a high enough level of static build-up on the lines - I guess it's a capacitor breaking down. After my third modem failure, I built my own phone-line protector box with some chunky transient suppressor VDRs.

73
Tom G3OLB

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>