LF: Re: LF Vertical Antennas problem...

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: LF Vertical Antennas problem...
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 00:29:33 +0100
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=wFxh6qpqjRKOG06yY3RhySHohzVFb0VvJtmqNxbV8EB+YamBuKSK5MG4lCPQEixd8qTS5U5rjd72ueAFDToPTtpIB0YWZVDFHk09Lg+XtFIHYjVBQCzs0KpYpyzVuri8vCs6p2gDWG42P4h8i3GzWgePKNKxBbxdvvUQYQc5to0= ;
Domainkey-status: bad (test mode)
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Warren that sounds familiar !! I think you are using covered wire, my
guess is a break on one leg so that you do not have enough capacitance to
resonate with the original coils. A top-band dipole will still work quite
well with one leg disconnected. Can you leave out the loading coil and
measure the resonance frequency of the wire T alone that might give some
clues. I have had this effect when part of the top load comes disconnected.

Good Luck with it
Cheers de Alan G3NYK