Re: LF: G3JFS

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: G3JFS
From: [email protected]
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 09:58:13 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
In a message dated 30/06/2007 13:03:36 Greenwich Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
Peter G3JFS

You were a good 589 signal this morning at about 10.40 but you were not hearing me.

73
Tom G3OLB
Hi Tom,
sorry I didn't hear you but I am not yet in 'qso mode'.  Today between rain showers I've been trying to improve my aerial.  I now have a sort of inv-L about 100 ft long and 30 ft up at the highest point.  Seems to be better than my 40m doublet so hope I get heard further afield as you are the only station to have heard me on the doublet. I heard a weak signal this morning while tuning up the inv-L and think I got the call ok as G3AQC.  If so, then my new aerial is definitely better.
Thanks for the report. I'll try to sort out some c/o switching in the next few days.

73
Peter G3JFS