LF: Status

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Status
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 04:09:48 -0800
Bcc:
Sender: [email protected]
We finally moved out of the Shanghai apartment and now holed up on a 19 out of 20 storey hotel a couple of miles from the old place in South Shanghai - I have a window and slung the probe on a 12 metre (max) long fiishing pole I bought today. The new pole is super quality and reduces down so I can put it in a standard suitcase.. Ive earthed the coax to the window frame (nice clip on the window closer) and pushed out the probe a few metres and keeping the window ajar with a sports sock.

I have one carrier which appears to be an image/artifact on 135Khz which I cant clear out but it maybe local and non receiver generated - adding attenuation doesnt knock it down "un-linearly" so perhaps its really there.

Its absolutely amzing to hear LF from up here - a completely new world from down the roadwith oodles of NDB's and LW bcast station peaking -55dBm just at dusk (153Khz). The limiting factor is the qrn and not the room qrm which is non existant given what appears to be another excellent faraday cage. A NDB signal on 507 Khz ("DD") that was below noise is now 17dB above....

Ill be looking at 137KHz and 500 KHz tonight and probably leave the RX on the 505 watering hole-

Ill be here till the 18th before flying to 9V1.

Lots of fsk/dgps on 490Khz - strong too

Laurence KL1X/Bee Y fore

PC Magazine�s 2007 editors� choice for best Web mail�award-winning Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_pcmag_0507