Re: LF: Re: G3XAQ on 502.0 KHz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: G3XAQ on 502.0 KHz
From: "Gary - G4WGT" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 10:33:40 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Alan & LF,

In 2 mails you wrote :-

"When you say "see anything", do you mean you are expecting me to be
using a computer based transmission? I'm actually using ordinary morse,
currently at about 12 wpm. I wonder if you can "hear" me?"

and

"I think it's me on the grabber at G3YXM. Do any of the
grabbers capture the actual audio so I can listen to my CW note?"

I suppose I should have wrote "hear or see anything", do listen a lot & also use Daves grabber at Birmingham. I could not hear you or see you on my computer screen but was what I believed to be your signal on the Birmingham grabber.

I am attempting to improve the receive capability hear but it is proving more difficult than with 136 KHz for some reason, both my G3LNP loop & my PA0RDT (Roelof Bakker) mini-whip appear to be very poor on 500 KHz producing lots of noise & little signal yet I have "seen" signals from accross the Atlantic & heard lots of stations from UK & Europe with both antennas on 136 & the Russian Alpha transmitters arround 12 KHz.

I will keep trying & in the meantime continue with the beacon on 503.600 KHz.

73

Gary - G4WGT - IO83qp

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wgtaylor/
Web site updated 07/05/2007