LF: Re: (Fwd) [ukfivemegs] RAC - Canadian 135 kHz and 5 MHz Special Au

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: (Fwd) [ukfivemegs] RAC - Canadian 135 kHz and 5 MHz Special Au
From: "Steve McDonald" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 08:49:18 -0700
Sender: [email protected]
Dave - regarding the 2200m experimental licences...we were informed at the
last renewal time that all of the experiments would end on June 30th 2007 as
a wrap-up to the next WRC 2007 meetings in late October / early Novemeber.
We are keeping our fingers crossed that a 2200m ham-band will become a
reality for Canadian amateurs sometime after that point. If so, it may
possibly spur some action in the USA as well but this is pure speculation on
my part. The reasoning behind the cancellation of experimental licences was
that after WRC 2007, we will have the band (and further experiments are not
necessary) or we will never have the band and so therefore, any further
experimenting towards fleshing-out the band would not be necessary. That's
what we were told :-)

73 / Steve / VE7SL

Web: "THE VE7SL RADIO NOTEBOOK" at   http://www.imagenisp.ca/jsm