Re: LF: [500] G3WCB QRV 503.350 kHz...DFCW3...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: [500] G3WCB QRV 503.350 kHz...DFCW3...
From: Wolf DL4YHF <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 22:25:44 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Dave,

RR - I will also be busy from "other tasks" over the easter weekend. Anyway it's nice to see the propagation getting better by the minute. The QSB is slower than 2 minutes here, but that may change later, too.

I have uploaded a "multi-strip" spectrogram of your transmission which shows the slow QSB quite good (note that the times are "local" because windows recently switched my PC's clock to DST, so subtract two hours to get UTC) :

http://dl4yhf.ssl7.com/g3wcb_503k33_1917utc.jpg

Cheers,
Wolf DL4YHF .

Dave G3WCB schrieb:
Hi, Wolf

Thanks for the report. I just need to get a couple of things sorted out over
the next few days, and I'll be QRV for crossband 501/137 kHz. Won't be until
after Easter, though. Social engagements mean I won't be on the air much
until the week-end after Easter :-(

Not sure if QRSS or DFCW is the better mode for DX on 137 kHz. The fading
characteristics are quite different compared to 137 kHz. The QSB appears to
be quicker, maybe 2 minute cycle, and the fades can be quite deep.

73, Dave G3WCB IO91RM