Re: LF: DI2BO

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: DI2BO
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 06:39:15 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Just to report that when I came back into the shack at 2100z DI2BO
was clearly audible to my ears, peaking 439 here in Bracknell IO91PJ.
I was rather amused to clearly hear it send its CW id 'DI2AG' !!
GI4DPE was also heard beaconing in normal CW around 501.15.

This maybe highlights the problem with QRSS on 500kHz. I have already
noted slow and very deep QSB on many signals. While I was watching
DI2BO on Argo last night I found that it would pop above my noise
level for only 1 out of 3 or 4 callsign sequences and between that
there was little more than the odd dot visible. When it appeared most
but never all of a complete call was visible and it clearly peaked
quite strong for just a few characters. If I had not known what the
call was I would have had to listen a long time to postively identify
it. However when it sent its ID on normal CW when listening without
Argo later that was copyable in its entirety (admittedly wrong!).

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com