LF: [500] G3XIZ QSO

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: [500] G3XIZ QSO
From: "Dave G3WCB" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 22:45:40 -0000
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btopenworld.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MIMEOLE:Importance:In-Reply-To; b=LHnA/aVjHiIAjaNd+lh965qEHs8Z3YhPITTriFzAWgfPSvtFTgwkqk29bn1n0s0BxbnKZTEBVIRhqRAHn8saWJVq3qPdh2CFK04+aWkhAoyyWUIUGY6ane7GOY567pXKNEtDw9MHNYXslrSwqBahLgp9uKb9O1lVGv+GIYYyB+M= ;
Domainkey-status: bad (test mode)
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Pete, LF.

Hi, Pete. I just had 3/4 of a QSO with Chris. I missed the beginning of his
reply due to finger trouble at this end, but we exchanged 569/579 reports. I
am using an IC-PCR1000 which is a bit too broad for CW, so I follow it with
a PC running "Spectran". I need to remember to switch Spectran out of
circuit when I transmit, as it delays my sidetone by half-a second, which
does bad things to by CW sending speed!

My TX set-up is a 20m long "Tee" antenna at 5m height, and I run 10watts
into it from a single-ended FET PA in Class-C. This gives me an estimated
ERP of about 50 mW, but I expect it is actually quite a bit less in
practice, as my antenna is not very high and it has quite high losses.

We've never managed to hook-up on 137, but look forward to a QSO on 600m

73, Dave G3WCB IO91RM