LF: longwave meeting, mid-august 2007, on the island of fårö , sweden.

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: longwave meeting, mid-august 2007, on the island of fårö , sweden.
From: c-h walde <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 16:01:22 +0100
Cc: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Sender: [email protected]
hi LF people, pse spread the news (including link fm ur websites):

you may recall that i tried to organise a longwave (VLF, LF) seminar in varberg near grimeton in 2005. you may also recall that we had to cancel as only a dozen people or so registered.

this autumn, we will run the Nordic HF conference HF07, number 8 of a series launched in 1984. as usual, the venue will be on the island of fårö just north of gotland in the baltic. as usual, the week will be 33. as a rule abt 150 person register accompanied by abt 100 family members, half of them ranging from infants to youngsters (beach buses and horse riding provided free of charge).

these HF conferences have always included longwave if someone should show interest to contribute.

this year, we have put more pressure on the longwave area ("LW07") including an invited paper by Bob Nash, wellknown in the professional longwave field, perhaps not so in amateur circles. there will be some more LW papers, some of them in the pipeline. we hope that the present amateur activities will be covered (W1FR, dr Frederick H. Raab, ARRL experimental project manager for LF and MF,  has participated in the recent HF conferences).

this event may interest the LF group although, the conference being for professionals, the registration will be rather costly and include generous full board and lodging. we cannot offer an "amateur discount", but we have a very limited number of scholarships available, mainly for PhD students.

pse look at www.nordichf.org where you will be able to download the first invitation. for the venue, pse see www.farokursgard.se (in swedish with some pictures).

i will be happy to answer any questions or queries.

hope to see you there and 73,

carl
--
Carl-Henrik Walde SM5BF