LF: Re: First UK amateur signals on 500k band

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: First UK amateur signals on 500k band
From: "MIKE REID" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 05:04:29 -0600
Sender: [email protected]
The 500kc band gets attenuated by the D layer when the sun comes up. CW by the ear signals here in the US only go 100-200 miles during daylight and that is with 35-50w output. Night time signals cover the whole US easily.

Mike
WE0H
WD2XSH/16

From: lawrence mayhead

Good signals reported last  evening must have been Dave's
I did'nt realise you were using QRSS. Dave.
Recieved my NOV this morning, but forgot to ask for DFCW
No  doubt they would alter it if I asked.
Still not finished my Linear amp, waiting for some transistors.
very frustrating!
Dave calling  CQ and G3KEV  as I type. Interesting, signal only
S2 this morning (was S8 last evening ) but still very Q5
Laurie
G3AQC