LF: Re: Winrad 1.24 released

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Winrad 1.24 released
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:59:08 +0100
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: [email protected]
Z-usanet-msgid: XID856LBNm8J0406X38
[email protected] wrote:
Installed it OK but it occasionally hangs,, CPU load never high

the noise blanker works better,, or at least doesnt cause distortion
like S / V ,,, could use a notch filter though,, not sure why it hangs
first time when I played with the gain control it quit working. also the need to select IQ each time could be changed ?
so far just getting used to it,,, I like the tuning and the audio sounds
great
many thanks for your effort

Bob K3DJC

 Bob,

Winrad saves its settings when exiting. The IQ mode is one of those saved. Of course the save happens only when exiting normally and not in case of a hang...
The notch filter is among the planned improvements.
When it did hang, were you using it with a sound card or with the RFspace
SDR-IQ (or SDR-14) ?
Can you reproduce at will the hang ?  Thanks for any information on this.

73  Alberto  I2PHD