Re: LF: CW-Beacon

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: CW-Beacon
From: [email protected] (Hans-Joachim Brandt)
Date: 08 Jan 2007 02:13 GMT
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Gus,

again audible reception of your transmission here in eastern Bavaria, JN68GN,
from 21.37 UTC 7. January, observed until 00.55 UTC 8. January, but with some
deep fading periods (qrk nil) in between. But no signals heard after 01.00UTC.
Under optimum receiving conditions the S-meter is lifted about one S unit over
the noise by your signal.

My antennas: My LF antenna, about 10 m high only, and a fixed untuned wire loop
antenna of about 15 m circumference in direction north (for SAQ reception)
matched to a preamplifier. In general both antennas give the same S-meter
deflection.

I have also heard You on January 3 and on January 6 to 7, 2007, still using my
32 m long wire, inferior to the LF antenna.

I am not equipped for visual reception.

73 Ha-Jo, DJ1ZB