Re: LF: East West

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: East West
From: "lawrence mayhead" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 17:27:08 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

On 13/01/07, hamilton mal <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi all
Tnx to all those that are listening in the USA on 136. My observations
indicate that 136 is at an all time low for this time of year compared to a
few years ago.
There is also the added QRM from Loran/Rugby and the new Budapest TX. I am
of the opinion that this band is played out and hardly worth bothering
about. The effort required with antennas and wasted time on a band that is
producing very little results cannot be justified.
Apart from the other amateur bands I think I will get back to satellites, I
used to have a lot of fun with Oscar 6 and Oscar 10 and all the satellites
available at that time, but since then even the satellite scene today is
poor, with various mishaps and old orbitors on their last legs !!!!!
Maybe the computer communications hobby is the best way like Echolink and
similar systems, no gales to worry about or propogation.

73 de Mal/G3KEV

But no fun !