LF: PE1RRF test on friday 22 dec.

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: PE1RRF test on friday 22 dec.
From: "Frank Dijkshoorn." <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 22:52:20 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi,

Thanks Michael, Stephan, Markus and Nicolas for your report on todays test this erly morning.

This morning there was absolutely no wind and I tried my experimental aluminum top wire under a Helium filled balloon.
The balloon was hanging during mij whole transmission on 136.3205 Khz almost straight above mij aerial mast at 45 meters high.
My telescopic mast itself is 22 meters high, the balloon is 70 CM in diameter and lifts up 23 meters wire and a smal corona ring of 12 CM.

My reception increeses enormous with this topwire and I did not expect that the TX works also good.
The aluminumwire is very thin en having a high resistance, and my earth system will be too small for this large aerial system.
I was surprised that this thin wire works so well with only the small corona ring as top capacity.
The aerial current was around 3 Ampere, and the loading coil needs no impendance transformer to get a good SWR.

73, from experimental station PE1RRF.

Ps. I live in a very industrialised area with heavy steel constructions nearby my QTH, I think that makes the difference in aerial height bigger than normal.