Re: LF: Re: TIL Grabber off...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: TIL Grabber off...
From: Scott Tilley <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 13:04:48 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Jay

Gusts where reported as high as 150Km/h in some areas. Certainly the worst wind storm I've seen here. To make matters worse we have had a series of wind storms almost every other day for the last month or so. This weather is totally out of character for Vancouver. We usually have a dull rain for most of the winter with the odd slight blow off the ocean. I was out in the storm trying to save stuff and minimize damage and it was very wild watching electrical equipment all around the city arcing and exploding. It was almost like lightning!

The biggest problem is things here are not built to withstand such wind as we have never seen severe weather like this in the past...

73 Scott

Jay Rusgrove wrote:
Scott

Hope the repairs go well. How strong were the winds?

Jay