LF: VY1JA beacon protocol changes.

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: VY1JA beacon protocol changes.
From: "J. Allen" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 23:49:36 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
John, Hartmut, Steve, Scott, and "The Gang",

Upon advisement, VY1JA is now beaconing with 3:1 dot ratio, and 60 second dot length. The time is sychronized daily to NIST and, "JA" is sent every half-hour, with a , "VY1JA", 6 WPM morse ID following. The beacon transmits in synchronism every 30 minutes. Transmissions are still on ~137778.65.

This should make the signal easier to identify and detect and for those with software and capability to receive CW which is only synchronized to the computer clock on the half-hour and a computer clock synchronized to NIST once per day.

If there is anything which I can do beyond these things to make the signal easier to detect, I am not aware of it.

Good luck, (and Hartmut, your card is in the mail box in front of the general store waiting for pickup tomorrow.)

73,

J.