Re: LF: RE: WD2XGJ tonight

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: WD2XGJ tonight
From: Jean-Pierre Méré <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 08:18:59 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Alan , Warren and all !

I have just read what you have write Alan, it is very interesting and answer perfectly the questions that I was posed! Thank you very much for this explanation.

73qro all , Jean-Pierre f1afj

Alan Melia a écrit :
Hi Both,
What is more interesting is that the darkness shadow at 100km altitude is
still about 2000km east of Warren at that time. So he is either hefting a
signal over on a single hop (at least to the UK) or he is D-layer bouncing
it into the darkness zone. I have my doubts about this last explanation as
the absorption increases just before sunset. You should see him dip down in
strength and then comup to full strength as the two hop path becomes fully
dark, This will occur around local sunset, but the darkness shadow at 100km
altitude will still be 1000km east of Warren.....the position for the first
skywave "bounce". It is quite interesting how accurately this ties up with
the simple geometry.
http://www.alan.melia.btinternet.co.uk/geometry.htm

Cheers de Alan G3NYK