Re: LF: Re: Re: TIL QRO for EU sunrise...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Re: TIL QRO for EU sunrise...
From: Scott Tilley <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 17:28:32 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Nic

8 FETs in 4 push pull modules combined with a 4 port Wilkinson combiner. Combiner provides LPFing. SWR protection is included on the output.
See: http://imagenisp.ca/jsm/VA7LF.html

It has two settings:
STUNT - 1200W
KILL - 2400W

and a little known possibility for a third setting but you really must be mad to suggest I try it. I have about double the PSU capability of what it needs but not the courage to try...

I use a supplementary 400W amp to 'quantify' the antenna match then switch in the big amp. Just makes the switching requirements easier and safer for the system as a whole.

73 Scott

Nick Mclean (SYD) wrote:
What design is your PA?
73's
Nic McLean
VK2KXN / VK5ZAT

1200W out and the rain is sizzling on the coil...

silly boy...won't you ever learn?

Natural coil cooling.... friendly to the enviroment, efficient and
free.
Hmmm.

J.

This e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete it from your system, do not use or disclose the
information in any way, and notify the sender immediately.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may
not be the views of FOXTEL, unless specifically stated. No warranty is made
that the e-mail or attachment (s) are free from computer viruses or other
defects.