LF: Willem tests with pictures

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Willem tests with pictures
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 20:22:55 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Willem, I appreciate you are having trouble and are experimenting , but
that is not the way to send pictures through the reflector.

I am worried that if many of these messages hit the servers all over the
world, the Group address may be blacklisted as a spam or virus distributor.

Please put your mailer into text mode, rather than HTML, before
experimenting further or you could have us all cut off. This has happened a
couple of times to the LWCA reflector. Pictiures and other files can be
"attached " provided the total file size is under about 35kB. I believe that
you are trying to send embedded pictures in HTML. This is not a good idea
and this is not working (for me anyway)

If your pictures are bigger you will need to mount them on a web site and
send the URL in the message ...that is the best option. There are just too
many questionable people and messages flying around these days to take
chances.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK