LF: Almost visible signal... Almost an amp started.

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Almost visible signal... Almost an amp started.
From: "J. Allen" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 14:07:22 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
J.B., and Folks,

J.B., If you capture VY1JA, you will have the station farthest east to have done so. If you even get a ghost with holes in it, I can send you an Argo of what was transmitted to compare the timing with my transmission.

I have been forced to switch back to sending VY1JA repeatedly in 30 minute cycles, with no CW ID. I cannot seem to be able to send the shortened call on QRSS60 followed by the id at 9 WPM for more than 6 repeats. Rik has been working with me to help me figure out what I am doing wrong.

If I wake up every three hours, I can use the simpler call of JA_JA plus fast ID. I just need to resstart after six repeats.

Good news... The final parts (Manhattan pads) for building the amp is on the way... Steve made the pads up and is sending them to me. The supposed supplier of the Roper Whitney style punch failed to ship and PayPal got him to refund my money. I bid on another punch from different supplier. If anyone is considering ordering a an aviation punch for making pads for Manhattan style construction I can tell you what punch supplier to stay away from and Steve can tell you about success.

J.B., Happy hunting!

J.