LF: LX/PA6Z--report

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: LX/PA6Z--report
From: "Dick" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 09:45:51 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello everybody!

Back home again from Luxembourg.
Thanks to all who called me during the expedition.

The following stations where worked:

DK1IS
DL2HRE
RU6LA
PA3FNY
DK4U
M0BMU
G3XDV
G3XIZ
F6BWO
DF6NM
DM2BHG
PA3CPM
S57A
DL4EAU
PA0A
OK2BVG
MB2HFC

Total 17 QRSS/DFCW and 4 CW QSO's with 17 different stations.
The QSL cards will be written later, but have to be printed first.

The equipement worked perfect, with not a single failure.
However, the QTH turned out to be rather 'noisy' as we where surrounded by all kind of powerlines......
Also all kind of unknown electronical noise, carries and other stuff made things really difficult.
Especially on the first days it was extremly difficult to catch a single signal.

I saw stations calling but just couldn't get a call.
This was also the reason for my very low activety on 136.5kHz normal CW.
The 4 CW QSO's where all very difficult, even with a 24Hz narrow CW filter.

Therefore I decided to use QRSS and DFCW.
I was active all days after our daily evening meal between roughly 18 and 20 UTC.
Unfortunatly this turned out to be a very bad time for LF activety.
The bandnoise was lower at some evenings, but then there came nobody on my CQ calls!!!
I even started to work some stations who I saw calling CQ........
I had expected to find a higher activety :-(
On the last evening I there where only me and MB2HFC CQ-ing...............

Several LX hams visited the station, and it was a pleasure to show them 136.....

Please remember that our first goal was to be active on HF, so apologize for the limited activety on 136.
I wish I had worked more stations.

More info to come later......

73

Dick, PA4VHF