Re: LF: 505.80kc QRSS-30 beacon tonight...2200z-0600z

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 505.80kc QRSS-30 beacon tonight...2200z-0600z
From: John Andrews <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 23:53:59 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Mike,

You might want to pass on that his signal is copyable by ear in southern Maine, but he's about 10.2 Hz high, which is pretty far out for QRSS30. An Argo 30 second screen is only 6 Hz wide. I was watching for him on 505.800 and of course couldn't see him. Then I realized that I was hearing the signal through the speaker! A DL station might not have that advantage...

John Andrews, W1TAG (port in FN43sv)

MIKE REID wrote:
Guys, a 505.80kc QRSS-30 signal will be on from 2200z to 0600z. Forwarded message below... Mike
WE0H
WD2XGI
WD2XSH/16
EN35hj