LF: ailing IC 706

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: ailing IC 706
From: "captbrian" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 17:24:58 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
My faithful IC 706 which I was about to feed with the pre-amp/filter  for
136 has developed  a fault which puzzles me on the Tx. side

It would once produce 90 watts on all bands with a 12.6 volt battery, now it
does so on 10 megs only but scarecely 50w on top-band, about 65/70w on 7m/hz
and 40w on 28Mhz.

Many people say "you must have13.8 v supply"  but it is sold as a mobile rig
so should work on 12 volts? And it did when I first acquired it.

As a separate issue it has also suddenly ceased working in CW mode. No
side-tone ; no power ; just dumb insolence.

Anyone had similar experiences ?

Bryan G3GVB

IZ