LF: VY1JA beacon resumed ~137778.4

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: VY1JA beacon resumed ~137778.4
From: "J. Allen" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 03:19:42 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I would like to thank those who sent their kind condolances.
Ann and I returned yesterday.

Failures in beacon transmission were found to be computer related. The station computer failed and an old Dell GX110 was pulled from
the junk pile as the radio computer until the main computer can be
repaired or replaced as necessary.  The GX110 has been controlling
the operation faithfully for about 12 hours, so I believe the problem
is located and temporarily resolved.

VY1JA has resumed beacon operation on ~137778.45 at CP20kw
"JA" at QRSS30 with "VY1JA" at 9 wpm is the repeating transmission at
150 W output into a 100' vert with two 390 ft horizontal wires sloping to
about 60 feet.

If anyone would like the transmission format or frequency changed, feel free to ask.

J.