LF: Re: antenna current meter troubles

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: antenna current meter troubles
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:40:32 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Dick I am not sure what the mechanism is. Jim seems to think it is RF
getting into the diode and meter circuitry of the secondary, but I am not
sure. I have not had enough power to experiment with this, and compare with
a thermoammeter. You might try sticking the meter at the bottom of the coil
to ground the same current should flow there. Otherwise assumings its a
magnetic effect on the ferrite.....what about 2 coil diameters away at least
??

Cheers de Alan G3NYK