Re: LF: linux

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: linux
From: Marek SQ5BPM <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:05:07 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Andre Kesteloot wrote:
several people I know have been unable to get Ubuntu to boot.
Any comments ?

If I recall properly, there were some problems booting certain versions of Ubuntu (< 5.x ?) with Serial ATA CD ROM drives. The kernel booted up properly, but then it was unable to mount the CD filesystem. I suppose that support for such a configuration has been added already.

Also, some newer devices, including especially disappointing Serial ATA controllers, may need some tinkering, but it has always been like that with 'too new' equipment and Linux. Nevertheless - always worth trying.

73! Marek SQ5BPM