Re: LF: QRM in Eastern Europe - vice versa?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRM in Eastern Europe - vice versa?
From: [email protected]
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 08:09:17 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
Dear LF,

another point worth mentioning is the possibility of interference from an amateur transmitter to a telecontrol receiver.

In the period before 1 W ERP was generally permitted in Germany, a few of us were asked by the authorities to submit technical reports on our LF activities. One aspect I covered in some detail was potential interference to a dense population of DCF 39 receivers. It was shown that, assuming 40 to 50 dB selectivity in the 139 kHz receiver, this would be very unlikely beyond nearfield ranges of about 150 meters from the amateur. However a HA station transmitting near the lower band edge would be cochannel interference to a receiver on 135.6 kHz. With 53 dB ERP difference and near the fringe of their coverage, it could potentially disrupt EFR service within a couple of kilometers.

73
Markus, DF6NM