LF: Re: BBC 198kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: BBC 198kHz
From: henny van elst <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 21:10:39 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
i look for it and make a foto,

73 henny pa3cpm

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Martinez" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 7:05 PM
Subject: LF: BBC 198kHz

From G3PLX;

Alan G3NYK gave some idea of how stable Droitwich 198kHz might be. I had the chance to leave my GPS-locked system monitoring it over most of a day. The results may be of interest.

During the daytime, the maximum phase excursion I saw was 10 degrees peak to peak. The largest change seen over the 5-minute sample interval was 4 degrees, corresponding to a worst-case apparent frequency error of 37uHz.

At night there was evidence of skywave, which showed as three cycles of phase-change extending over 30 degrees peak-to-peak between 21:45z and 01:30z. The largest change seen over 5 minutes was 22 degrees, corresponding to a frequency error of 200uHz. A quick calculation from this says the skywave was about 12dB down on the groundwave at it's strongest in the middle of the night. The worst disturbance was in the middle of the night, not at sunrise or sunset.

I am 230km from Droitwich.

73
Peter