LF: Progress at VY1JA

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Progress at VY1JA
From: "J. Allen" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 06:04:49 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
All,

VY1JA on 137573.5 is beaconing 24/7. Of course, minus time for listening, QSOs, weather, and system maintenance. In a couple of weeks, the frequency will shift to 137778.45 when a parts shipment should be arriving, which will allow for VFO repair and QRO operation. A couple of years ago, I would never have considered 1W IERP as QRO. :o)
Please send questions, comments or screen captures (dreaming here of next
winter, of course), to my return email address.
By the fall, my son should have the VY1JA webpage made, and the station will
be at its best. LF is expected to be my main focus until May 2007, when our
renewals are expected to end.
If I can help anyone by watching for your signal when propagation is good,
let me know. If I get a capture of anything which looks valuable, I will
send it.
I would like to give special thanks to Steve, VE7SL, Scott, VE7TIL and also
thanks to Marek, SQ5BPM who all helped with my station, by a number of long
distance assists.
Have a great summer, and watch for VY1JA beacon QRSS60 this fall on
~137778.45.
JA