LF: Reports of ZL/VE7 failure premature...

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Reports of ZL/VE7 failure premature...
From: Scott Tilley <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 19:41:31 -0700
Sender: [email protected]
Hey All

An informal update about last night (this morning's ) ZL attempt activity... despite the reports that things where hopeless a limited 'exchange' between ZM2E and VA7LF occurred. While we fell short of a QSO an 'exchange' of intelligence did occur on 2200m as the sun came up at our QTH. Signals rose to a level as yet unseen during past ZL attempts for about 30minutes before sunrise. The lift resulted in 'dog bones' being seen on ZM2E's signal and we even tired to complete at FSK10!

Band conditions on HF and LF for the balance of the night where hopeless within NA. As an aside a number of xband QSOs on 160m, 80m and 40m where completed early on. Nothing heard from VE3OT during our attempt with him.

More details will come soon after the teams get some MUCH needed sleep...

73 Scott