LF: Loran/MSF

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Loran/MSF
From: "Walter Blanchard" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:04:06 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Don't know about Loran interfering with MSF but back in the 60's when we were experimenting with early Loran-C we had a lot of trouble with HBN 75 kHz causing synchronous intereference to Loran. With the analogue 3rd-cycle detectors we used then it destroyed 3rd-cycle selection if we flew over Switzerland. Don't remember any trouble with MSF though. There was talk of offsetting Loran very slightly from 100 kHz to get over it but it came to nothing.
Walter G3JKV.