LF: Re: Re: Re: Fw: [AuroraWatch] Red alert issued 14:02 UT 26 Apr 2006

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Re: Fw: [AuroraWatch] Red alert issued 14:02 UT 26 Apr 2006
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:59:57 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Ok Peter I think the alert was based on a possible CME associated with those
flares which will take around 56 hours to reach us, if it is "aimed" this
way. (the alert suggests we are in range) Depending on the field direction
it could give a minor storm and aurora when it arrives. One advantage of
geomag disturbance is we can get a little advance warning.

A third flare peaked at just over M1 at 1700z....looking at the build up I
would not be surprised to see a high M-Class flare in this sequence.

Friday midnight might be a good time to watch the sky !  or 2m .

Cheers de Alan G3NYK