Re: LF: T/A the last night VO1NA and WD2XGJ

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: T/A the last night VO1NA and WD2XGJ
From: Jean-Pierre Godet <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 16:26:02 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: [email protected]
  Hi, Joe !

  No...:

Usually the accuracy is something about +- .02 Hz, maybe better. I use the 137,778.370 Hz Loran-C sideband line (GRI 7499) for calibration and monitoring purpose, but, last night, unfortunately, this line disappeared, I don't know why, perhaps the maintenance scheduled in Lessay and Soustons ?

I was using the DL4YHF SpectrumLab with FFT input size 32768, decimate input by 64, along with the "one pixel per FFT bin option", the windows was open from 137,776.70 to 137,780.33 Hz, and the next line (GRI 6731 - 137,780.419 Hz), if there, was outside the spectrogram. With these options, the steps are labelled each .1 Hz, and the distance between two steps is more than 1/4 inch large on the screen, so it is easily possible to extrapolate .01 Hz. When the temperature is stablilized, and this needs about 1-1/2 or 2 hours, the Loran lines are moving less than .01 Hz in the spectogram.

I fully agree with Markus DF6NM about the usefulness for us of the Loran sidebands.
  But, anyway... May somebody else on the reflector confirm the frequency ?

  Best 73 Joe and all, thank you from all of us for running the beacon !

  F5YG