LF: Aluminium poles in the UK

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Aluminium poles in the UK
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:02:04 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I asked a while ago about sourcing aluminium masts, and received some
useful replies.

In the end I found a useful supplier, www.tvaerials.com who are in
Kent but will ship at very reasonable cost. The longest poles they
sell are 20ft, which they deliver by Night Freight within a day or
two - the driver said "what on earth do you need those for?" Most
amateur radio suppliers who sell long poles will not deliver.

The result is that I have replaced my very heavy steel pole that
required several people to lift, and I can erect the antenna single
handed. This makes experimenting and repair much easier. And I am
back on the air again.

73 de Mike, G3XDV