LF: Decca SG

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Decca SG
From: "Walter Blanchard" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 07:40:05 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Re Decca 1615 SG

It's a very old tube-type device designed ca. 1960.
Tube line-up 6AM5, 12AX7, two 807's (later models 6146's)
No risk of blowing up FET's with this one but doubt
if the transformer design would be relevant to FET's.
No ccts but the guy who designed it tells me it was
purposely designed to work into all sorts of mismatchs,
shorts, etc so it could be used for lining up new antennas
of possibly unknown characteristics. It worked so well
they never bothered updating it to solid-state and it
was still current in 1995.
It's what I'm using to put out the test signal for Peter
G3PLX.

Walter G3JKV.