LF: Re: [LW] Antenna question

To: [email protected], <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: [LW] Antenna question
From: [email protected] (Warren K2ORS/WD2XGJ)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 14:29:27 +0000
Cc: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
J.B.,

   I take it this is a transmitting antenna? If so, then it will depend on how
much power you are running and what kind of insulators you are using so you
don't arc over from the top wire to the grounded tower. It will help if you use
non conductive rope (dacron) between the tower and the insulator. I imagine
that your biggest problems would occur if you ran high power and the insulators
were wet. It would be a good idea to use the ceramic dogbone or other insulator
with a long leakage path.

--
73 Warren K2ORS/WD2XGJ
FN42hi