LF: Re: [LW] A bridge too far...?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: [LW] A bridge too far...?
From: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:53:05 +0100
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Laurence,

I had the same issue too...no local availability.  Solution?  Home brew by
winding a trifilar transformer on a large toroid removed from a computer
power supply.  Bench tests indicate that it works fine, giving nice deep
nulls with a variety of loads, both reactive and purely resistive.

I'm also given to believe that a telephone "repeater coil" could be used for
this application as well.  They are known for their excellent balance and
are high quality.  I have several here, so I may just lash something up to
see if indeed they would work.  I'll post my results.

73, J.B., VE3EAR - VE3WZL
Solar and wind powered
EN93dr