LF: Trans-Pacific Tests Announcement

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Trans-Pacific Tests Announcement
From: "Steve McDonald" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:39:05 -0800
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]

The next round of Trans-Pacific testing between ZM2E  (Quartz Hill, New Zealand) and VA7LF (South Pender Island, B.C.) will take place next week on the nights of April 3, 4 and 5 (Mon-Wed). Testing will begin shortly after sunset at VA7LF (Apr 4-6 0630 UTC approximately) and will continue until sunrise the following day (1400 UTC). The frequency will be the same as previously used, 137.7890 / 137.7886 kHz  (0.4 Hz shift) at FSK90. Following the schedule with VA7LF, ZM2E will continue with R6L until sunrise in New Zealand. Reception reports via the reflectors are encouraged.
The VA7LF site will be internet equipped. If we are able to get things set up smoothly, we may be on the air for testing on Sunday night. Since we will be at our maximum erp limit, we hope to have some time available to attempt some crossband (HF-LF) cw-cw QSO's or QRSS - cw contacts in our early evening hours (0300-0600 UTC). Any stations interested in attempting a crossband QSO can contact us via the low frequency reflectors.

Steve / VE7SL

Web: "THE VE7SL RADIO NOTEBOOK" at   http://www.imagenisp.ca/jsm