LF: Sabah E Malaysia Ops

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: Sabah E Malaysia Ops
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 04:04:59 -0900
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:06:13 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Greetings - Im packing my wellies and pack-a-mac but here are some more details of our trip to Borneo. All times UTC and refer to around the end of Feb -

Station operation - Kota Kinabalu = Site faces sea some 5 miles in land but a few hundred feet asl E probe Aerial height will be around 60ft, and hi-z wire will start at that height. The place is noizy but I have plans to mitigate some of that.

We arrive on 24th Feb and stay till 10th March but some of that will be radio less.

I plan to be qrv by the evening of the 24th.

Sun sets (when it shines although we are hopefully coming to the end of the one of two monsoon seasons in March) at OJ85BW is appx 1027-2227 UT

Mutual darkness windows :-
Western Eu appx 1732-2227 UT - nice long window

East Coast N America 1027-1142  UT - small window

Mid Continent N America 1027-1253 UT

West Coast N America 1027-1432 UT

Some background of what Im doing there =
http://www.raleighinternational.org/overseas/malaysia.html

Cheers Laurence KL1X  9m6/gm4dma
em26br