LF: QRS 1

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: QRS 1
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:39:44 -0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:48:40 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Dex and Warren and LF ops.
You will be pleased to know that I copied your signals early this morning on 137.7 khz.
Dex/WD2XKO was visible from around 0430z and strong at 0700z sending full calls WD2XKO at QRS 3 followed by QRS 1.
I had solid copy at both speeds with full callsigns. Photo of acty sent direct.

Warren/XKO was best at 0523z but also visible at 0705z with reduced strength with good ID sending XKO at QRS 3.
With present propagation conditions the higher speeds would appear to be successful, and the next step could be normal CW given a dedicated effort at both ends.
A QSO would have been possible last night for me with XKO at QRS 1
The antenna this end was my TX/RX vertical system, next time I will also try the 80m vert loop.
No other signals seen last night on 137.7, perhaps there was no one else there.
73 de Mal/G3KEV