(Fwd) Re: LF: Re: Fast QSB and SXV ripples

To: [email protected]
Subject: (Fwd) Re: LF: Re: Fast QSB and SXV ripples
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:59:48 -0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 14:04:26 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Markus I gave up watching SXV as I could not make any sense out
the levels at the best of times. I think the complication is the the
Adriatic and the mountains. Bob Brown NM7M recounts some strange
results at dawn on a 50kHz signal signal skirting the rockies in a
QST article. Cheers de Alan G3NYK

When we first started using LF, it was assumed that hills and mountains would have little effect at these frequencies. However, my
own portable tests in Wales showed high ground to be a significant
attenuator, even at 73kHz. Later, it was found that Italian stations
had different results working HB9ASB depending on where the mountains
were in relation to the path.

73 Mike, G3XDV