Re: LF: TA 15 FEB 06

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: TA 15 FEB 06
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:23:12 EST
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 21:27:52 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Jay and TA enthusiasts,

what a night! Torn between RX excitement and playing TX, I didn't really catch all that much sleep ;-) Thanks Jay for the nice report on the HELL transmission - compared to DFCW it's certainly a difficult mode as the energy is spread out more, and average power is lower even with the TX driven well into saturation.

Now the antenna is down in RX only mode due to rain and wind. Guess I will leave the TA grabber panel centered on 137698.5 +-3 Hz for tonight as it gave a good indication of the presence of both Dex' and Warrens signals, well through the times when they were too weak to be decodable here. 137696 looked perfectly clear in hires, as it should with no Loran line present.

Did look out for the Sylt shutdown scheduled at 13:00, but it simply hasn't happened yet.

Another thought: CT1DRP is currently beaconing around the clock - is somebody in ZL watching, for a slim chance to catch that ultimate antipodal dash?

Best wishes, and good luck to all players

Markus, DF6NM

In einer eMail vom 15.02.2006 12:33:47 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt [email protected]:

Quiet condx but lower signal levels and more fading than the previous night. CT1DRP and DF6NM in
HELL mode...probably would have been solid copy the previous night.